Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Training update 157 days and 19hrs.

It has been a great week of training. Today I set my markers on my run/walk around Lake Nokomis. It took me only 42 minutes to go around (not the lagoon) so 2.7 miles. I did see my favorite Boston Terriers and in fact told their owners that I have written about them! Last Saturday a bonanza of dogs , there was canine class! All so cute. Sunday I didn't get a chance for the Lake walk but I did make the one mile around the neighborhood. There is a really cute King Charles Spaniel and a St. Bernard that's adorable on the one mile route.

Today I say -- come on men -- just say NO to fanny packs. What in the world would you have that wouldn't truly fit in pockets. When you are walking around the Lake plan ahead and scale back. I have also noticed that the smallest of men drive the largest vehicles -- hmmm.

Now for some nutritional news. Have an early afternoon cup of coffee and pair it with a nice piece of chocolate. It's 100 kinds of wonderful. You will have so much energy for the rest of your afternoon. Bring it on!

No news on Vincent's training. Thanks for the chat & I shall write again next week.

2 comments:

  1. Hollywood, sounds like you're on track with your training. Tomorrow I will try the early afternoon coffee and a bite of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The small man in the big car was me... was checking on your training... Good work so far! I'm seriously thinking about starting training. I'll eat some chips and drink a glass of wine to give me a little motivation...

    ReplyDelete