Sunday, March 14, 2010

Training day 1 March 14, 2010

Today I started my training for the August 29, 2010, Ortho Duathlon in Minneapolis. It is a beautiful day with temps in the 50's (unseasonably warm) and a great day to start. While my intentions were to run walk the 3 miles around Lake Nokomis I started with a brisk walk and never started the running phase of the training. The count down begins -- 167 days to go.
I do have "runners envy" but in time I know I will become one of them. I saw so many cute dogs today. There were 2 Boston Terriers that were absolutely the cutest. A woman walking a Pomeranian but really didn't know what kind of dog it was (I asked, of course), really cute. Two of the most darling chocolate labs, one of them a little puppy. So curious.
There were really rock hard lovely bodies running and there were some really squishy bodies running but all of us working for the common cause, to get in shape.
I didn't check my time today but in the future I plan on checking my time as I hope to get faster as the training goes on.
The team for the Duathlon is Sue and Vincent. I don't know if Vincent has started training. I will leave his training schedule open.
I hope all of you will checkin frequently to watch the progress of my training.
Remember, make it a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment