Thursday, April 15, 2010

Extremely bad news

Well fans, I have some extremely bad news. Vincent & I will not be doing the Duathlon. I waited too long to register and the registration is closed. I checked it last week and it was still open so I didn't stress on it. I really wanted to get set that I was going to be able to handle it before I paid the registration fee. They say good things come to those who wait. Not in all cases. I was looking forward to getting a number. I have never gotten a trophy for anything sports related.
After talking with some of my fans, we have some organizers that want to organize a Duathlon of with our own sponsorship. As far down as we might have been with this setback, now we can pick ourselves back up and finish with the best possible times. Train. Train. Train.
Our event will take place on August 28 (this will make it easy for me to keep track of the number of days!) Jeanne will be figuring out the exact race course for us. We will be offering prize money as well a participant Tshirts. I feel like I really let the TandV team down on the Ortho race but we must keep training.
I rode 18 miles Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I walked the 2.7 everyday. I feel great about that.
If you would like to be a participant in the new Duathlon please let me know. We will be taking registration up to the day of the race. I feel it is important for everyone to experience this. There will be intense competition & the day will be so much fun.
It is not the end of the line with the Ortho Duathlon, I will plan for 2011. Quote for today "It is a big river indeed that cannot be crossed." Make it a great day & I will too.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry. The other duathlon will be great too!
    Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that but glad you're still working it out. Good luck you two!

    ReplyDelete